Company Receives 14 Awards at Annual Paperboard Packaging Competition, Including Sustainability Award of the Year
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK), a leading provider of differentiated paper and packaging solutions, was recognized for packaging design excellence at the 78th Annual North American Paperboard Packaging Competition. The company won a total of 14 awards, including Sustainability Award of the Year, reinforcing its commitment to imagining and delivering on the promise of a more sustainable future.
Sponsored by the Paperboard Packaging Council (PPC) and judged by packaging experts, the awards recognize best-in-class innovative and sustainable packaging designs in the North American folding carton industry.
WestRock CanCollar®, with Coca-Cola Europacific Partners and LERVIG Brewing, received the Sustainability Award of the Year. CanCollar is an innovative family of fiber-based multipack solutions for canned beverages that enables brands to transition from single-use plastic rings and shrink film into recyclable paperboard solutions. Whether they require minimal material usage, lid coverage for hygiene, or bar-code masking and billboard space for brand messages, the CanCollar family of designs and the CanCollar Fortuna® packaging machinery platform offer brands an array of sustainable packaging options.
“We’re honored to be recognized by the Paperboard Packaging Council for our innovativepackaging designs,” said Patrick Kivits, president of Consumer Packaging at WestRock. “We celebrate this achievement alongside our customers, who were instrumental in bringing our winning solutions to markets. Working together, we are delivering on our promise of a more sustainable future.”
In addition to the Sustainability Award of the Year, WestRock received seven Gold awards and six Excellence awards for a variety of packaging solutions. For more information, including photos of the winning packaging innovation, visit https://www.westrock.com/ppcawards2021.
A full list of the winners is included below:
- WestRock CanCollar® with Coca-Cola Europacific Partners, LERVIG Brewing, Sustainability Award of the Year
- WestRock Cluster-Wing™ with Kraft Heinz, Gold Award, Outstanding Achievement in Sustainability and Innovation
- TAO Sushi Carton, Gold Award, Outstanding Achievement in Sustainability and Innovation
- Columbia Classics Collection, Gold Award, Outstanding Achievement in Innovation
- Sally Hansen Mentos Gift Pack, Gold Award
- Raasay Single Malt Whisky, Gold Award
- Nestlé Smarties Hexatube, Gold Award
- WestRock EcoPush™ with Chagrin Valley, Gold Award
- Colgate Optic White, Excellence Award, Achievement in Sustainability
- Stella Artois Midnight Lager, Excellence Award
- Oozlefinch/Hop Culture FML Fest Shipper & Photo Box Set, Excellence Award, Achievement in Innovation
- Sleeman Bag Toss Hack Pack, Excellence Award
- Die Besten von Ferrero Adventskalender, Excellence Award
- The Hershey Company Reese's Holiday Miniatures, Excellence Award
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated, sustainable paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Source: WestRock Company